News and views from the money side of music
It’s that time again …
The June 17 accounting period has well and truly wrapped and royalty statements are dropping into a portal or inbox near you.
Hit us up now and get your statement in for review ahead of the pack.
In the news …
- Make a claim in the $43M Spotify Mechanical Settlement — All the info is here. Claim forms will be available after the final ruling on Dec 1st. Sign up to get email notifications on the outcome and further info.
- ASCAP and BMI playing nice together — the two copyright giants join forces to bring forth a global database of works. But will it work?
- Blockchain and royalties — Automated royalty payments? Smart contracts? Global rights database? Sounds pretty good …
- IFPI report 2017 — The state of the industry for H1 2017, according to global industry body. Spoilers: YouTube is king … (but where’s the money?!)
- RIAA report 2017 — And how about the US in particular? Paid subscriptions through the roof = better royalty revenue for all.