Personal information we collect
Personal information is information that may identify you or by which your identity may be reasonable determined. The type of information we collect includes (but is not limited to):
- Names, address, telephone number, email and other contact details
- Date of birth, gender and marital status
- Tax file numbers and other government issued identification numbers
- Superannuation and insurance information
- Bank account details
- Educational qualifications, employment history and salary
- Visa and work permit status
- Payment details
- Personal information about your spouse and dependants
In certain circumstances it may be necessary to collect sensitive information about you in order to provide specific services or for recruiting purposes. This information could include professional memberships, health information and your criminal record.
Because of the nature of the services we perform it is generally impractical to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with White Sky except in limited circumstances.
How we collect personal information
In most cases we collect personal information directly from you, in conversations in person and over the phone, via documents you send to us, via our website and from mail and electronic communications with you.
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to collect personal information via a third party including management companies, employers, contractors, insurance brokers, referees or publicly available information.
How we hold your personal information
White Sky holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic formats. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold including the use of technology to restrict electronic access to documents, firewalls, virus scanning software, encryption, passwords and digital certificates.
With respect to some of the personal information we hold, White Sky also engages third parties to host the storage of electronic data.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
The personal information we manage is used to provide our services to you, for administrative purposes including processing payment transactions, to meet regulatory requirements, for recruitment purposes and other business-related purposes.
White Sky uses a range of service providers in order to provide an efficient, effective and secure service. In the provision of our services personal information may be disclosed to the following parties:
- Related White Sky entities
- Government or regulatory bodies and agencies
- Professional associations including CPA Australia, CA ANZ and the TPB.
- Any person acting on your behalf such as solicitor, tax agent, management company, mortgage broker, executor, administrator, guardian, trustee or financial advisor
- Fraud bureaus or other organisations engaged to identify, investigate or prevent fraud or other misconduct
- Payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments) and financial services providers including banks and banking platforms.
- Our agents, contractors and external service providers including mailing houses, insurance brokers, travel service providers, IT service providers and debt collecting services
- Our legal advisors and auditors
- External dispute resolution service providers
- Other organisations, who jointly with us, provide products or services to you
We require our service providers to comply with our privacy guidelines and to ensure personal information is not used for any unauthorised purpose.
Personal information may be available to partners and authorised staff of White Sky to use in accordance with this policy. We require our employees and partners to respect the confidentiality of any personal information we hold.
We may also disclose your personal information to others outside White Sky where:
- We are required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so;
- You may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- We are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
We may use the information you provide to send you information and newsletters outlining services, events and industry information. If you do not want to receive any marketing information from us or want to be removed from our mailing list please email email@example.com.
Use of your information outside Australia
We may store, process or back-up your personal information on servers that are located overseas including through third party providers.
In some circumstances White Sky also uses third party providers to carry out its functions and provide services requiring disclosure of your personal information to a recipient located overseas. This includes TOA Global and Hammerjack Pty Limited, with work performed in the Philippines.
Links to other websites
Accessing and amending your personal information
If you have submitted details about yourself to us, you are entitled to access the information which is subsequently handled by us. In some circumstances we may be unable to comply with the request due to legal restrictions. We will advise you of such circumstances if they arise.
If you would like access to your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the information you require. We will need to verify your identity to deal with your request and we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We encourage you to contact us to update any of your details or to correct any inaccuracies which may have been inadvertently recorded by us.
If you wish to make a complaint to White Sky about our handling of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to as soon as reasonably practicable after receipt of your written complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you may make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).